Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget

There are two days, thus far, that live in infamy to me and my generation, April 19th, 1995 and September 11th, 2001. I will never forget where I was and what I was doing on these two dates. Today is the ninth anniversary of the 9-11 attacks on America.

I will never forget getting ready for a late morning shift at work on Tuesday, September 11, 2001. I turned on the television to the Today's show to see one of the World Trade Center towers on fire! I watched with horror with much of the nation as a second plane hit the other tower. Slowly conclusions were drawn that this wasn't an accident.

I will never forget driving the short distance to work listening to the radio trying to figure out what the hell was going on in New York.

I will never forget getting to work, where suddenly no one was concerned about how to file insurance claims or how to fix their scheduler.

I will never forget listening to the radio and searching the Internet at work throughout the morning for more information. Apparently the Pentagon was struck as well and something was going on in Pennsylvania.

The who, and the why, and our actions and responses over the last nine years will be debated for generations to come but today is not that day. Today I simply choose to remember those who died on that day.

A terrible morning I will never forget...

No comments: