Sunday, September 20, 2009

RIP Nintendo Wii (2006-2009)

We hardly knew ye...

So my Nintendo Wii (my baby, my pride, my joy) is not quite dead but on life support. I purchased Metroid Prime Trilogy last week and much to my chagrin the game was unreadable. I traded in the game for a new version with the same results. After some research is seems my Wii is no longer able to read dual-layer disks. Boo. Fortunately there is a price cut coming on the 27th, so instead of shipping my system off to Nintendo, I'll just purchase a new one. I've owned every Nintendo system growing up and as an adult and this is the very first one I've ever had to replace. Sadly, the loss of my baby brings back a lot of memories...

I remember vividly both times I bowled a perfect 300 score on Wii Sports Bowling, although I shouldn't considering the amount of alcohol I consumed before and during play. The key is to ignore what you're doing until you get to the tenth frame.

Not only have I logged a shit ton of hours on Animal Crossing GameCube and DS, I have also logged a shit ton of hours on Animal Crossing Wii. In fact it was probably the only thing that kept me from going bat shit crazy last summer when I wasn't working.

More than my gaming experiences, my all time Wii moment came before I even bought the system. Shimmy and I camped out in front of Best Buy in a Saturday in November of '06 to be one of the first to purchase the Nintendo Wii. Not only was it a glorious time but I gotta tell you, it was one of my all-time favorite moments in my entire adulthood! You can read more about it here and here.

So it's truly and end of an era! To add insult to injury I also lost my Best of Juice Newton CD this weekend... but dear reader that is another blog posting...

1 comment:

Dann said...

I call dibs on the old and sick one!