Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday Funday Monday Part III

Sunday Funday kicked off a little later than usual last night as Dann and I wanted to catch a drag show at the Bird which started at 10. I'm definitely paying for the late night drinking today at work. Why do I do this to myself? It's no way to live. I'm just saying...

I think the amount of "going out" is my primary way to socialize. With the exception of a couple of people I really don't have a whole lot of friends. I have a ton of social friends that I grab some drinks with but I think the only things we really have in common is that we're gay and we've known each other forever. I'm not whining, I'm totally down with that actually. I usually spend my normal day in and day out times alone and I've been doing that for years so I've become pretty comfortable hanging out with myself as it were.

I think a lot lately about what the future holds for me and I haven't a clue. I'm acutely aware of my advancing age (in male gay years I've been dead 11 years now!). I'd like to be in a relationship again someday but I'm terrible at them. I would like to move away from Oklahoma to somewhere larger and more diverse but I'm just not financially secure enough to do that. I'd like to be part of a community that does more than what it is I do now. Maybe I'm more lonely than I think...

Nope. I just need to get a dog. Or get laid more often. Or both.

This is an odd post for me (sober). I didn't intend it to go the way it did. Ah well, I'll post it anyways.

No comments: