Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Technical Support Horror Story of the Day

What not to do when speaking to a technical support representative:

1. I really don't need to know about the events of the last 48 hours that lead up to your problem. Just get on with the issue at hand!

2. If you're not going to believe the advise I'm giving you then why waste my time and yours by calling in for support in the first place?

3. Sometimes I don't know why computers or programs do what they do (user error). Is the problem fixed? Great, then why do we have to discuss the how's and why's for 30 minutes? We'll cross (burn) that bridge when and if the problem becomes chronic.

4. No, I'm sorry but I cannot support Word Perfect for DOS. The program is 8,000 years old, not to mention we are a medical software company!

5. For the love of god, a right mouse click is one click on the RIGHT side of the mouse! Don't tell me nothing is happening when you're clearly clicking the left mouse button.

No comments: