Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stephanie Plum Quotes II

I finished the sixth book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, "Hot Six". I laughed my ass off last night and today reading the book. I think "Hot Six" is probably the funniest entry in the series I've read so far. At this rate I'll be caught up to book fifteen in no time. Here are some funny excerpts from the book I took down as I was reading:

"I've got to get back to the office," Vinnie said. "I've got stuff to do."
Talk to his bookie, play with his gun, shake hangs with Mr. Stumpy.


"Rollswagon." Stephaine's second car in the book after the demise of her car due to a fire. Half Rolls Royce and half Volkswagon!

"Shamu with wheels." The '53 Buick that Stephanie always ends up driving in every book due to a knack at killing her cars.

On Ranger: "The well-dressed urban commando. I could guarantee that any man facing him in a blind alley would have an empty scrotum, his most prized possessions gone north."

Stephaine asking her mother if she ever had dessert before dinner: "She looked at me dumbfounded. As if I'd asked whether she ritually sacrificed cats every Wednesday at the stroke of midnight."

"I wish I had a movie of you wrestlin' with this guy," Lula said. "It reminds me of that joke about the midget at the nudist colony who kept sticking his nose in everyone's business."

"No pickled beets for me," Myron said. "They give me the runs. I don't know what it is, you get old and everything gives you the runs."
Something to look forward to.

"I want you to leave the guns in the car."
"These are Trekkies we're dealing with. They could put the Vulcan death grip on us."

No comments: