Thursday, December 31, 2009

BCS Bowl Picks

Here's my picks for the last five games of the college football year. I'll write a recap after the season has concluded on January 7th.

January 1st: Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. Oregon
Pick: Oregon
Comments: Should be an interesting match up. Going with the Ducks, I like their uniforms better.

January 1st: Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Cincinnati
Pick: Florida
Comments: It pains me to pick Florida but it won't break my heart if they lose. I wouldn't mind to see Tim Teabag cry one more time.

January 4th: Fiesta Bowl: Boise State vs. TCU
Pick: TCU
Comments: Picking and rooting for the Horney Frogs.

January 5th: Orange Bowl: Iowa vs. Georgia Tech
Pick: Iowa
Comments: Yawn. The least intriguing BCS bowl. I really don't care who wins, though I'm picking Iowa since I know more about their team.

January 7th: BCS Championship Game: Alabama vs. Texas
Pick: Texas
Comments: This pick is tough! I kind of expect Alabama to win but I've got to root for the Big 12 team. Texas pretty much walked all over everyone this year with the exception of Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship Game. I think the game will be close and will come down to a fantastic finish.

That's it. It's a great time of year for college sports, second only the the NCAA Basketball Tourney.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

h said...

Not interested in the B-Ball tourney. I call the Big-12 the "no defense" league. And Texas "The University of Cream-Puff Scheduling".

I haven't done any research so I'm not making picks. To me, the BIG thing in Bowl Games is the refereeing unfortunately. If Bama is allowed to play SEC Football, they crush Texas. If they get flags for looking in Miss McCoy's direction, Texas wins.

If Florida and Bama both win, pretty sure they'll be ranked 2nd and 1st. Proving the SEC Championship IS the National Championship.

Dave said...

I can't argue about the Big 12's overall lack of defense!