Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thunder Founder, Season Ends


Well it was a good ride while it lasted! The Oklahoma City Thunder ended their NBA playoff run last night with a crushing defeat to the dreaded Dallas Mavericks in the Western Conference Finals. I know we over achieved again this year and everyone keeps talking about our bright future but I'm still a little bummed nonetheless.

Thus begins a long cold winter, in summer, for sports, at least for me. I'm sure I'll continue to watch the NBA Finals, go Heat, but I'll be in sports hibernation until college football kicks off in the fall. What is there to root for in the summer? The WNBA? No. Baseball? Baseball is a decent sport to watch live maybe but on television I think gnats fucking is more interesting.

So, congratulations Thunder on a season well played, we'll advance to the Finals next year, hopefully! I can't wait until tip-off in October. Now it's time for my summer sports nap...

No comments: