Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hot Hot Hot

Ole ole - ole ole! Ole ole - ole ole!

Buster Poindexter was going through my mind this morning as I was trying to put out a small fire that broke out in my bathroom...

It all started last night after work with a trip to Old Chicago. I met up with Dann and Kim for some beers and pizza. We enjoyed a beef, onion and jalapeno pizza. Since we were in the neighborhood we decided to check out the new Buffalo Wild Wings down the street. We enjoyed some more beers as well as some mini corn dogs with medium wing sauce (classic wing sauce, comfortably hot) and some fried chicken tenders with blazin' wing sauce (keep away from eyes, pets, children: the hottest sauce they got). The blazin' wing sauce was warm but I've definitely had a worse fire in my mouth, most recently on my last trip to Sushi Neko. Anyways we drank a little more, called it a night after some minor crossing over and drunk texting of old boyfriends (you know, the usual).

What's this have to do with the fire in my bathroom? I guess the combination of onions, jalapenos and varying degrees of wing sauce was too much for my body to handle. My digestive system decided to turn on me when I got up this morning to get ready for work. Fortunately I wasn't hurt by the huge fireball that shot through the bathroom and engulfed my shower curtain! The curtain can be easily replaced but I'm not so sure about the melted toilet. The story did end on a happy note, however; I was somehow spared any heartburn which is usually present after a night of drinking and dining on spicy food.

No comments: