Sunday, August 16, 2009

Belly Bustin'

It appears that all my months of hard work have finally paid off! In April when I left bartending I was as thin as anyone I know. I attribute it to all the running around I did working as well as the limited meals. With limited activity since and an office job now I've packed on the weight. This is nothing new during the course of my adulthood as my weight has always varied in a range of 20 to 25 pounds up and down. I've gained 20 pounds since April and this has been a source of frustration for me but now I can attribute it to being on the cutting edge of fashion trends. The New York Times fashion and style page reports that the pot belly is the new fashion accessory for men. Oh good. So for the time being I can continue to enjoy Baskin Robbins and veg out on the sofa playing Wii.

“I sort of think the six-pack abs obsession got so prissy it stopped being masculine,” is how Aaron Hicklin, the editor of Out, explains the emergence of the Ralph Kramden. What once seemed young and hot, for gay and straight men alike, now seems passé. Like manscaping, spray-on tans and other metrosexual affectations, having a belly one can bounce quarters off suggests that you may have too much time on your hands.

Indeed.


















Showin' off my belly in downtown Tulsa.

No comments: