Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Feed Me Seymour!

Dann and I went to see Little Shop of Horrors last night at the Civic Center presented by the Lyric Theatre. I’m always amazed at how good our local productions can be here in OKC. Little Shop of Horrors was no exception. Great staging, music and performances, particularly by Matthew Alvin Brown and Amy Eschman. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a stage production of Little Shop of Horrors so I forgot how fun it is and how it differs from the movie, most notably the ending. The production runs through the weekend so there’s still ample time to catch Lyric’s last show of the season.

The next couple of months sees the Oklahoma City Philharmonic opening their season on September 19th and “Lyric at the Plaza” opening their season on October 22nd with “Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street.” I’m going to try really hard to purchase season tickets to both series. I’ve been to more live performances than ever this year and it’s really got me excited for the upcoming seasons. Support your local arts programs, there’s a variety of programs that can please just about anyone, not to mention you’re stimulating your local economy!

Information on the Plaza District.

No comments: