Thursday, March 03, 2011

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

And I can't believe it's already March! There's a lot going on this month.

First up I'm heading to Colorado this weekend for a family ski trip. I'm going to try really hard to not "disturb the peace" and stay out of jail!

Mardi Gras is the 8th, unless you're Mel and the Captain and inadvertently celebrated last Tuesday. Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Of course the 17th is St. Patrick's Day. The last time I can remember "celebrating" this holiday was freezing my ass off with my niece a couple of years ago waiting in line to get in to Baker Street Pub and Grill. Do Catholics have to forgo celebrating green beer day due to Lent? If I were Catholic I would give up Lent for Lent.

The prince of darkness and all that is evil, also known as Timmy, celebrates his 31st birthday on the 6th. I'm working a wedding with him the day before, we'll see if either one of us survives...

Last but not least, March is March Madness time! The greatest sporting event since the blood baths at the Roman Colosseum. My Cowboys still have a slim chance to make the big dance. Though they enjoy a decent RPI, their record in the Big 12 is a big turkey. If they can beat the dreaded Swooners this weekend and make some noise in the Big 12 Tournament, I think they might just get an invitation.

So what does everyone else have on tap for March?

1 comment:

Hazel said...

"your mom" cracked me up. yay to the ski trip.