Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Tulsa Trip: Going Out

After the Daves Matthew Band concert, Kim and I headed back to the Brady District to check out some of the bars. The first place we stopped was Club 209. I thought it would be nice for me to take Kim to a straight bar before I made her hang out at Club Majestic for a couple of hours. Upon arrival it was soon clear to me that Club 209 isn't a straight bar, or it was gay night (and I don't mean extremely happy). Actually the bar was very nice and clean with a nifty little patio area for the smokers. We had one beer here and then headed on down the district.

I was a little suicidal after the long beer lines at the BOK Center but Kim was able to talk me down!

We were going to do some more bar crawling before we hit Club Majestic but we saw through their window that they already had a good crowd before midnight. We headed over to find a Drag King show going on. A Drag King show is like a drag show but instead of males impersonating females, it's females impersonating males. It was the first one I've ever seen and it was just as wretched as any drag show. I may be gay but I've never really been a big fan of these kind of shows. I'd rather be dancing.

Not pleased about the show.

Waiting. Dancing, how long?

We were able to kill some time taking pictures in front of an industrial sized fan on the lower lever. I think it made Kim feel like a model, being photographed with her hair flowing back out of her face...

Kimmy my favey!

"The strawberry hotness," to paraphrase our friend Lacy.

Headed to the bathroom? Take a picture with random strangers!

Finally the dance floor is open! What's that? The bar is closing?

Not only was it fun to get out of town and go to some new places but it was a blast just chillin' with my girl. I had such a good time over the weekend I was a little depressed when I got home Saturday morning. As much as I've come to appreciate Tulsa lately, it's definitely the company that makes the trip!

No comments: