Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Longest Sentence I Ever Wrote

I was going through my postings over the years trying to decide if I wanted to go back and tag them (something I only started this year). I came across an unpublished post from 2/7/2006. I remember the post but I can't remember why I never published it. Since I have nothing of interest to publish today I figured I would publish this long lost post. Keep in mind the politics of 2006 were a bit different than today, barely...

I was caught in the middle of an email exchange between my dad and one of his childhood friends. During the course of the conversation the friend of my dad sent an email saying the following:

"Okay, here's the plan:
Back off and let those men who want to marry men, marry men.
Allow those women who want to marry women, marry women.
Allow those folks who want to abort their babies, abort their babies.
In three generations, there will be no Democrats!!!
Damn, I love it when a plan comes together."


My response included the longest sentence I ever wrote:

"... and once we're down to no Democrats (i.e.dissenting voices) we'll be stuck with a totalitarian government where personal privacy is abolished thanks to government sanctioned, illegal and unconstitutional monitoring of it's CITIZENS all under the guise of Homeland Security, where our government spends tax dollars like drunk sailors on shore leave in Taipei even though there's a war going on and NO OTHER ADMINISTRATION in the history of the United States has EVER cut taxes and WAGED a war at the same time, and where we have a government that is more concerned about the WAR ON CHRISTMAS, the WAR ON DRUGS, and the WAR ON MARRIAGE to be concerned with the health care crisis in this country, the deficit crisis in this country and the poverty crisis in this country... Oh wait, we're already there thanks to years of conservative control of two and now three branches of government. Look on the bright side at least CHRISTMAS will be safe, no one will be SLEEPING with the same sex, and the ORPHANAGES will be full. No offense but whomever sent this sounds like a typical CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE throwing stones again and I would much appreciate being out of the loop of this kind of garbage in the future. Have a blessed day!"

The response I received said I was an atheist liberal. I deleted the email.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Indeed.