Tuesday, June 28, 2005

We Are Family (is that clichéd?)

PRIDE!

Saturday and Sunday I celebrated
Gay Pride weekend with some friends. After the fall of civilization that was gay marriage (or lack thereof) in Massachusetts I was glad to see a good turn out in OKC. We started the morning off with Dim Sum brunch at Grand House followed by a stroll through Memorial Park. Missing this year at the park was the three-story blow up bottle of lube; we figured it wasn’t present this year since everything is about family and the children these days. The booths were interesting and there were a lot of diverse people in the crowd. We signed a lot of petitions, took lots of free crap, and entered every drawing we could find. I still don’t know what I’m going to do if I win that Grill Master 3000. Other than the sweltering heat and Miles singing and dancing we had a good time.
Sunday I went down to the strip and hung out with Miles again at
the Park until the parade started. Once again the turn out was good but the heat was overbearing. I didn’t stay out too long after the parade; trying to pack into Angles with 25,0000 sweaty people for free draw beer isn’t very appealing. It was good to run into a lot of people that I haven’t seen in a while, and I had a blast with all the festivities as I do every year. I’ll post some pictures of the parade a little later today or tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave very good. I was glad to hear about the turn out for Gay pride. I have been watching the Sundance channel, and they have all kinds of Gay pride shows. D

Dave said...

I don't suppose the Sundance channel had any mention of OKC?

Dave said...

No. I used to have another friend but he found a partner and I haven't heard from him since...