Monday, June 27, 2005

I Saw Jesus Friday...

Well not really. I went to see Jesus Christ Superstar by the Lyric Theater at the Civic Center on Friday night. I hadn’t been to the Civic Center since it’s remodel as part of the MAPS project. I have to say the theater is beautiful and the lobby is much roomier than it was before. I had never seen JC Superstar and I was actually impressed not being too big a fan of the subject matter. Supposedly Jesus nearly fell over cross and all during the crucifying scene at another night’s engagement but unfortunately I didn’t get to witness such a wonderful spectacle.
After the show I went to an after party hosted by Lighting Concepts, Inc. where some of the cast and crew attended. One of the people at the party was
Sally Struthers, which I found a little bizarre since it’s someone you don’t normally run in to in Oklahoma City. I later found out that the Lyric’s next production is Hello, Dolly! and she’s playing the part of Dolly Levi. Some friends and I decided we’re going to go see the musical out of morbid curiosity. All kidding aside I heard that she’s played the role before and is quite good. I’ll report on that in a couple of weeks.

No comments: