Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stephanie Plum Quotes V

Whenever I run out of books to read I go back to the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I corrected my recent book drought problem last night with a trip to Boarders but in the meantime I read "Twelve Sharp." The novel was great, definitely in my top four or five in the series. What I really appreciated about the book was it's fresh storyline, moving away from the standard plot where Stephanie gets in a jam trying to apprehend a slippery fugitive. I've said it before and I'm saying it again, read this series for some light and fun reading.

Quotes from "Twelve Sharp":

"How can you completely appreciate the Jersey shore if the air is safe to breathe in the interior parts of the state?"

"That was pretty funny. Vinnie minding that Pickle whacked off at the multiplex. 'It's probably the only thing you have going for you,' I told Pickle."

"Some communities have country clubs, some have senior centers, some have shopping malls and movie theaters. The Burg has two funeral parlors. Only Thursday night bingo occasionally draws a bigger crowd than a well-run viewing in the Burg."

"'What the heck was that?' Lula wanted to know. 'You had an expression on your face like you just had a irritable bowel experience.'"

"'Other men have girlfriends with safe normal jobs,' Morelli said. 'Like swallowing swords and getting shot out of a cannon.'"

"He looked over at me.
'I love you,' I told him.
'Yeah,' Morelli said. 'I know. But it's nice to hear you say it. I love you too.'
What wasn't said was that I also loved Ranger, but one thing at a time, right?"


Car deaths: 0 (amazingly!)

No comments: