Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kansas Jayhawks

The Kansas men's basketball team beat the dreaded Swooners of Oklahoma last night to clinch at the very least a share of the Big 12 regular season title. This is the sixth year in a row the Jayhawks have won or shared the title! Truly amazing when you consider how tough the Big 12 is year in and year out in basketball. While I'm not a Kansas fan, I do have to give them their due for this achievement. Congrats Jayhawk fans!

Meanwhile it looks as though the Cowboys of Oklahoma State will be entering the NCAA Tournament for the second year in a row under second year coach Travis Ford. The league's youngest team has struggled at times but they've had enough quality wins to make the big dance again. A couple of years ago I was a little disappointed we wouldn't have a Sutton coaching at OSU but given Sean Sutton's recent arrest in Stillwater it seems to be a good thing now. I expect a lot of good things from Ford and his teams over the next few years as they mature and continue to recruit well. Go Pokes!

I'll be making my March Madness predictions here next month. I can't wait, it's the greastest college sports season of the year.

No comments: