Wednesday, January 06, 2010

New Year's Resolution Addendum

There was one other New Year's Resolution I was thinking about that I forgot to add to my resolutions post the other day.

Cell phone: I have two very disturbing habits when it comes to my cell phone. I lose or break my phone several times a year and I'm notorious at drunk texting (which is weird because I was never too bad at drunk dialing back in the day before texting was popular). Some days after a night out, I take a quick peek at my outbox on my phone and I immediately start deleting sent texts. If I don't see them, they didn't happen! Thank goodness I don't have a phone that can easily browse the Internet or I would probably post some unflattering statements on Facebook.

So I think I've got a handle on the not breaking or losing my phone thing. I haven't had to replace my phone since Labor Day and I've only went through three different phones last year. It's probably because I finally decided to carry insurance on my cellular plan. Since paying for the additional five bucks a month I've only had one close encounter, I left my phone in Kim's car overnight once.

The drunk texting issue is a bit trickier. By virtue of trying to not party as much I should be able to eliminate some incidents of inappropriate texting. I need to have some kind of plan when going out. On New Year's Eve I specifically told my friend Cris to snatch my phone away from me if she saw that I was texting after having some drinks. I didn't consider she would be intoxicated as well. That plan failed miserably. I need some kind of complicated locking device on my phone that I can't get in to after having some beers and shots. I'd leave the phone at home but I might need to call for a cab or a ride or a booty call. Suggestions?

Oh! I have another resolution. I really need to get a haircut sometime this year, otherwise I'm going to start a rock band named the Beatles and invade America...

I'm beginning to look like the kind of person that chops up innocent people and stores them in the fridge!!

No comments: