Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

I know next to nothing about Chelsea Handler except that she has a show on E! called "Chelsea Lately" that I've flipped past on several occasions when channel surfing. I came into the possession of her second book "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" from Dann so I've been slowing reading through it at work. I've hit a little bit of a wall with reading (and life in general) so it took me a couple weeks to get through the 250 pages.

In spite of not knowing much about Chelsea Handler, I really enjoyed the book. It's a collection of essays written about different periods in her life from youth to her 30's. She writes very well and some of the stories are hilarious. I especially enjoyed her chapter dealing with her trip to jail in Los Angeles for a DUI, something I could relate to recently. Her stories involving her father are also humorous as well.

Recommended for some light and funny reading. She is also the author of "My Horizontal Life" and a new book, "Bang Bang" due out March 9th. If I run across her other books I'll definitely check them out.

No comments: